dpkg was uploaded to
experimental a few times lately, let’s sum it
- It started with my NMU on 2012-01-31, since I hadn’t received any reasons not to upload (except “NACK”, which doesn’t count as such in my book).
- It got reverted a few minutes after that.
- Since this was getting nowhere, the Debian Technical Committee finally got involved, and voted in a few days only (wow, thanks!) for an “it’s time to experiment” decision.
- A new
experimentalfinally happened. One shall note the prominent “This is a WIP release, command line interfaces will change.” notice.
I’ve updated my previous dpkg with multiarch page accordingly, only keeping the interesting bits.
Playing around with
grep-aptavail -F Multi-Arch $i -sPackage (with
foreign), I found some bugs:
- #658792: libstdc++6-4.6-dbg: libstdc++.so.6.0.16-gdb.py is not an ELF file
- #658793: libisl-dbg: libisl.so.8.0.0-gdb.py is not an ELF file
Also, some wishlist bugs (keeping the prominent notice in mind):
- #658794: apt-file: Please implement multiarch support
- #658795: reportbug: Please report foreign architectures
Finally, one dpkg improvement and one possible dpkg bug: